Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Food Blogging (and the occasional tip on other experiences in college)

Live to eat or eat to live, that is the question.

Before I moved out on my own, I lived to eat, but now that the grocery bill comes out of my pocket, I have changed my view of food and how I use it to nourish my body. I was inspired to create this blog from a Christmas present and a friend. My step-mother gave me a recipe book to start documenting all the random creations from my art studio (the kitchen), and I recently had a friend move to Australia who asked me for some recipes and other tips on what to bring to college. I thought, what better way to share with others my philosophy of food, and how to make great food with limited budget and supplies.

I hope to enlighten the world of college students cooking for the first time on the beauty of food. You don't have to gain that freshman 15 from living off Ramen and soda, but rather boost your overall health with delicious, fresh foods. Of course I will incorporate the occasional guilty pleasure that we all deserve after a week of overwhelming classes and mundane work. I hope this blog and these recipes are as helpful and delicious to you as they have been to me.


P.S. Bear with me as my blog will probably change a lot as I figure out how exactly I would like it to look, I hope it won't be too distracting!

2 comments:

  1. I like the layout, but the font is slightly distracting, too bold. Even with that in mind I LOVE that you're blogging! so excited to see your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, thank you for the input! I hope to have my fist recipe up by this weekend (:

    ReplyDelete